WHAT IS THAT?
CSQA DTP 112 "Sustainable cereals and oilseeds" originate from the need of the main operators in the international distribution sector and in the animal feed sector to have sustainable products of national origin.
The standard was born from a joint process among the various stakeholders with the aim of defining cultivation and processing techniques aimed at producing cereals and oilseeds (and their derivatives) at the best of known practices in order to guarantee a sustainable product according to the three fundamental pillars of sustainability: environmental protection, economic viability, social equality.
The standard requires a supply chain approach from the field to the finished product; the certification can be requested by individual companies and associated companies (groups or supply chains).
CSQA has already certified a total of over 20,000 farms, more than 50 drying plants and the main industries in the sector in the Po Valley.
DTP 112 has obtained international recognition by successfully passing the benchmarking with the FEFAC 2021 Guidelines.
The standard can be requested from CSQA who will send it free of charge.
ASK FOR THE DTP 112 STANDARD
You can download
the applicable certification regulation in the "CSQA REGULATIONS
The name of the document is: ITA_ENG_REG_PRVOL
REGOLAMENTO DI CERTIFICAZIONE DI PRODOTTO / PROCESSO / SERVIZIO / FILIERA IN AMBITO VOLONTARIO - CERTIFICATION REGULATION FOR PRODUCT / PROCESS / SERVICE / PRODUCTION CYCLE ON VOLUNTARY BASIS
The standard includes various sustainability indicators
- integrated production,
- land sustainability,
- absence of GMOs,
- management of contaminants,
- workplace safety,
- job contracts,
- recognition of a fair price to farmers,
- carbon footprint.
The standard also includes an optional indicator: water footprint
- This CSQA voluntary standard allows for the definition of a single, harmonised, shared approach to sustainability.
- The standard was created on the basis of real market needs and opportunities.
- It is the result of the shared work of the various operators in the supply chain who have worked for a common goal.
- The standard allows, on the one hand, to enhance products that were not highlighted up to now, and on the other, to start the processes of innovation, organization of the agri-food chains, sustainable management of natural resources in line with the new CAP.