In June 2019 FSSC 22000 published version 5 of its international food safety management system certification Scheme.
Previous version 4.1, released in July 2017, has been revised in several parts, mainly related to the scheme management. The main factors that determined the drafting of the new Version 5 are:
- The publication of the ISO 22000:2018 standard;
- The insertion of Board of Stakeholder decisions;
- The update to new GFSI requirements;
- Continuous improvement process.
Among the main novelties are:
- Update to the new ISO 22000:2018 standard;
- improvement in terminology and definitions;
- improvement of wording of some FSSC additional requirements;
- revision of audit time calculation procedure;
- improving the requirements for unannounced audits;
- revision of the requirements for multi-site organizations;
- revision of Non-conformities management;
- revision of qualification criteria for auditors and other CB personnel.
For more details review the official FSSC document “Overview of main changes version 5
” and visit the FSSC
The Foundation FSSC has established that transition period to comply with the new version will last until December 31st
, 2019, therefore all audits performed starting from January 1st
, 2020 shall be conducted against the new version 5.
Existing FSSC certificates against version 4.1 will last until the completion of the transition process and, however, not over June, 29th
CSQA Certification Scheme Manager for FSSC 22000,
Dr. Giulio Battistella: email: email@example.com
, Ph. + 39 0445313056