What it is
ISO 14001 is a voluntary international standard applicable to any type of public or private organization that specifies the requirements of an environmental management system.
This standard, in addition to having the advantage of being easily integrated with other management systems conforming to specific standards (ISO 9001, BS OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001), is fully adopted in Annex II to Reg. 1221/09 (EMAS III).
CSQA is accredited by ACCREDIA.
CSQA can issue internationally recognized certifications through IQNet, being a member of CISQ.
In order for a management system to comply with ISO 14001, it is necessary:
- to carry out an environmental analysis, that is, to gain an in-depth understanding of the environmental aspects (emissions, resource use etc) that an organization must effectively manage, understand the legislative framework and the requirements applicable to the company and assess the significance of the impacts;
- to define a Business Policy;
- to define specific environmental responsibilities;
- to define, enforce, and maintain the activities, procedures and records set by the requirements of ISO 14001.
A certified environmental management system allows:
- Controlling and maintaining regulatory compliance and monitoring environmental performance.
- Reduction of resource wasting (water consumption, energy resources, etc.).
- Benefits in financing procedures and bureaucratic/administrative simplifications.
- Support tool for investment decisions or technological upgrade.
- Tool for creating and maintaining business value.
- Tool for safeguarding corporate assets and transparency in acquisitions/mergers (risk management).
- Guaranteeing a systematic and pre-planned approach to environmental emergencies.
- Better relationship and communication with the Authorities.
- Improving image and business reputation.
- Implementation of defined procedures for the prevention of environmental crimes.
Internal and certification audit activities in relation to ISO 14001 are easily integrated with those for BS OHSAS 18001
certification and EMAS