What it is
ISO 9001 is aimed at any type of public or private organization, of any sector and size, manufacturing products or providing services.
It is the internationally recognized Quality Management
Standard of any organization that intends to answer simultaneously to:
- the need for increased efficacy and efficiency of internal processes - as an organizational tool to achieve its own goals –
- the growing competition in markets through improved customer satisfaction and loyalty.
The main goal of ISO 9001 is customer's satisfaction
with the products and services provided, as well as continuous improvement
of the company's performance, enabling the certified company to guarantee to its customers the maintainance and improvement of the quality of its own goods and services.
From this point of view, the ISO 9001 model is a strategic tool
that focuses on:
- context and stakeholder assessment
- risk and opportunity assessment as a basis for defining appropriate actions
- cost control
- increased productivity
- resource wasting reduction
From a substantial point of view, this means reducing the risk of failing to comply with what promised
to customers and the ability to control processes
by measuring performance and identifying appropriate indicators
Moreover it is also often required by public call for tenders
ISO 9001 lastly provides a foundation organizational model
that can be supplemented with specific requirements
described in industry standards and guidelines
, and can easily be integrated
with other management systems such as BS OHSAS 18001
(Occupational Health and Safety), ISO 14001
(environmental management) and ISO 27001
Some examples of sectoral guidelines are represented by UNI standards aimed to:
- Services for children,
- Residential care for the elderly,
- Conference organization and aggregating events,
- Call center services, and so on.
CSQA is accredited by ACCREDIA
CSQA can issue internationally recognized certifications through IQNet
, being a member of CISQ.
ISO 9001 allows to implement a management system which focuses
- the customer and his full satisfaction;
- the study of the context and the resulting risks and business opportunities;
- seeing the company as a set of processes in close relationship with each other and aimed at providing products that constantly meet the defined requirements;
- the importance of pursuing continuous improvement in performance.
Managing quality means knowingly managing the efficacy and efficiency of the company own processes
- knowledge, management and monitoring of processes;
- the ability to involve human resources;
- the central role of the Top Management of the company;
- the ability to measure its performance and the degree of achievement of its goals.
The new standard requires to identify and measure the value-creating points of processes
by considering the company as a set of linked customers-suppliers
In this context, each process receives inputs from internal / external suppliers and provides products or services to internal / external customers.
- Systematically evaluate risks and opportunities on which to base strategic decisions;
- adopting an organizational model based on the integrated approach to processes and sharing of individual experiences to effectively and continually improve performance;
- increase the ability to meet the needs and expectations of its customers through better knowledge and control of the company;
- reduced costs associated with the inefficiency of the activities carried out;
- defining the responsibilities and professional growth paths of the resources employed;
- transparency towards the reference markets.