WHAT IS THAT
CSQA proposes DATA TRACE VALIDATION, a verification and validation of the digital systems used to manage the traceability of data and documents functional to the stated objectives (e.g. origin).
The verification primarily concerns the organizational and technical components of the digital solutions used in order to guarantee correctness, consistency and effectiveness with respect to the objectives of the traceability system used and the communication objectives.
This activity can be easily integrated with the verification carried out in accordance with the ISO 22005 standard for traceability in the agri-food chains .
In particular, the Data Trace Validation service aims to verify:
- the adequacy of organizational rules
- the correct use of information and data collection systems
- methods of data recording
- the consistency of communication processes
- periodic monitoring
KEY POINTSThe service includes the following activities:
- verification of the adequacy of organizational rules (e.g. policies, procedures, etc.) including verification of consistency with any existing traceability systems (e.g. ISO 22005)
- verification of the company assets (digital and/or physical) used in the scope of use of the digital solutions adopted (e.g. equipment, measuring instruments, etc.) to carry out the survey activities (during the evaluation, test data will be defined and structured, through sampling, suitably prepared and identified in order to allow a correct simulation of the real conditions of use)
- in case of application of DLT technologies (Distributed Ledger Technology –Blockchain), verification of the digital identity of the subjects participating in the supply chains and of the "tokenisation" of the assets, in order to confirm the "digital" structure of the supply chain
- verification and validation of the data entered in the digital platform . We will proceed by identifying an agreed period of time, we will examine, going backwards, a set of registrations present and we will verify their correspondence with the expected data and the correct order of registration. We will evaluate whether to proceed with a sampling logic based on the number of data
- evaluation and verification of the communication system and data dissemination to the interested parties , as required by the established organizational rules (e.g. Disciplinary) and by the technical purposes of the project. The analysis includes, by way of non-exhaustive example, the correct identification of the subjects who enter the registrations, the type of data and their characteristics of confidentiality and availability, the correct definition of the agreements made between identified subjects
ADVANTAGESCSQA's modular approach allows customers to choose up to which point to deepen the control of their reference supply chain, guaranteeing at all times the consistency of the traced data and their eventual inalterability.
Below are some examples of relevant topics for which the adoption of these services brings a particular benefit.
FRESHNESS AND QUALITY OF FOODInformation such as origin and provenance of raw materials, harvest date, transport conditions and storage temperatures, qualitative characteristics of the finished product, thanks to end-to-end traceability can be managed in real time, promoting the efficiency of the supply chains and correct communication to the interested parties.
REDUCTION OF FRAUDThe use of Blockchain technology combined with digital traceability and an Assurance activity conducted by a third party
qualified as a CSQA, it allows for greater surveillance of the various players in the supply chain, while promoting accountability of the subjects involved and a potential reduction in the incidence of food fraud. All this also benefits the final consumer and corporate reputation.
SUSTAINABILITYThe agri-food sector has always been a pioneer on issues related to sustainability.
Today, thanks to these services, farmers, producers and other players in the supply chain can automatically digitize and share
easily endorsements, certificates and other documents, demonstrating that they use and promote sustainable and ethical practices. By tracing each phase of the food chain and sharing data and documents on a verified immutable register, the participants in the ecosystem can guarantee their promise at all times, declared to the final consumer. The strategic projects for the valorisation of the products or of the various initiatives promoted by the organizations find greater authority according to the levels of control and third-party Assurance applied.
The ultimate goal that CSQA proposes through these services is to bring the consumer ever closer to complex issues such as those relating to the values underlying the concept of sustainability, through a verified, certified and at the same time understandable story because it is written in a non-technical language.