WHAT IS THATDiversity Ark is a streamlined and innovative Certification Mark that allows an in-depth evaluation of the vitality and potential of the agro-ecosystem of agricultural companies in order to improve its management aimed at the naturalness and excellence of production.
It was born from the desire to transfer knowledge and increase the awareness of farmers and consumers on tangible agro-ecological aspects that reflect on the health of the environment, the soil and the people who work there.
The Diversity Ark Certification provides agricultural companies with the necessary analytical knowledge of the characteristics of their agro-ecosystem in order to identify the correct management of their land.
It is a virtuous path of study and monitoring of the cultivated area with the aim of conserving and improving the agro-ecological balance.
This is useful knowledge about soil, insects, plants and biodiversity to conserve and improve the presence of nature, a presence that helps us to intervene less where balances are present.
The results allow an in-depth evaluation of the vitality and potential of the agro-ecosystem to improve agronomic management aimed at the naturalness and excellence of production.
Thinking of a virtuous path , part of the proceeds deriving from the Diversity Ark activity will be allocated to development, training and awareness projects regarding agroecological issues.
EARTHSampling and biological and chemical-physical analysis of soil to measure the quantity and vitality of microorganisms.
The results provide a measure of the state of health of the soil and its production capacity.
- Chemical-physical analysis of soils.
- Microbial biomass: measures the quantity of soil microorganisms.
- Metabolic quotient: evaluates the metabolic efficiency of microorganisms.
- IBF: synthetic index of biological fertility of soils.
INSECTSDetermination of the variety and quantity of insects, pollinators and the prey/predator ratio to understand the effects of agronomic management on the state of the agroecosystem.
- Biodiversity: number of morpho-species.
- Number of pollinators: development of pollination diversity.
- Biocontrol index: predator prey ratio (carnivores/herbivores).
PLANTDescription of floristic biodiversity and its relationships with agronomic activities and the natural environment in which the cultivated area is located.
- Biodiversity: number of species.
- Naturalness: presence of species from natural environments (woods, meadows, pastures).
- Floristic pollution: presence of non-native species.
- Historical conservation: evaluates the presence of archaeophytes (anciently introduced species linked to crops).
ASSESSMENTEvaluation of the cultivated area based on 10 soil indicators studied and tested to describe in a synthetic but complete way its characteristics with respect to management and the agro-ecological context.
It also allows you to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the plot and company management.
TRAININGSpecific training with dedicated experts to delve into agroecological topics and suggest effective communication of the certification results to the consumer.
- Freedom to use the Diversity Ark brand on labels and in various media
- Official certificate of the activities carried out produced by the certification body following the checks carried out.
- Diversity Ark summary certificate with score resulting from the analysis of agro biodiversity.
- Detailed report with important information and indications to direct agronomic management towards an agro-ecological approach and productive and qualitative improvement.
- Knowledge and guarantee of activities carried out by the company with the objective of environmental sustainability and respect for nature.
- Brand on label easily recognizable by consumer and safety of a certified path.
- Environmental and social education and enhancement through concrete activities.
READ THE BROCHURE