WHAT IS THATThe Codex-Assalzoo was drawn up by a special working group created ad hoc among the figures representing the Assalzoo members, which starting from the European Guide for Animal Food Producers ( EFMC ), a document adopted by FEFAC ( European Federation of compound feed producers ), developed a specific document for the Italian feed reality of today and tomorrow.
The Assalzoo Codex aims to guarantee the safety of the feed production of ASSALZOO members , thus contributing to the improvement of food safety starting from the first links of the production chain.
KEY POINTSAssalzoo, with the application of the Codex Assalzoo, aims to :
- promote responsible production
- promote univocal behavior among associates
- raise awareness of food hygiene and safety issues
- encourage the adoption of a common language
- encourage continuous updating
- provide indications and tools useful for the growth of the sector
- improve the management of health problems
- provide its Associates with a food safety management system
- anticipate emerging risks
- act as a representative body through the collection and sharing of sector statistical data
ADVANTAGESThe company management system aimed at guaranteeing food hygiene and feed safety .
The advantages in applying the standard are:
- Demonstration of compliance with current legislation on hygiene and safety
- Specific standard for the feed sector
- Possibility of integration with other standards, e.g. ISO 9001